PDAX urges all users to enable 2FA to avoid delays when withdrawing cryptocurrencies from their PDAX accounts. If 2FA is not enabled, all cryptocurrency withdrawal requests have to be manually approved for security reasons. This can lead to longer processing time especially if the request is made over the weekend or during the holidays.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can enable 2FA on your PDAX account:
- Download the Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone. You can get this from the App Store if you’re using an iOS device or the Google Play Store if you’re using an Android phone.
- Log in to your PDAX account and click the Enable 2FA button that you can find on your portfolio page. As an alternative step, you can also click the profile icon on the upper right corner of your screen, go to Settings, and click Security.
- Click the Add New button under OTP (One-Time Password) to generate your 2FA QR code.
- Scan the QR code generated by using the Google Authenticator app that you installed on your mobile device.
- Once you’ve scanned the QR code, the Google Authenticator app will generate a 6-digit OTP. Enter this in the field under the QR code and click Confirm.
NOTE: You may save a copy of the QR code or authenticator key for recovery purposes should you lose your mobile device where you installed the Google Authenticator app that you use for your PDAX account. However, this come with its own inherent security risks. Please practice due diligence and observe the best practice in saving or storing the copies of your QR code or authenticator key.
- Once you've successfully enabled 2FA, you will be prompted to enter the 6-digit OTP generated by the Google Authenticator app every time you log in, in addition to providing your login credentials, and every time you withdraw cryptocurrencies from your account.
- You will also get a system-generated email confirming that you have successfully enabled 2FA.